- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 3/4 cup sugar or sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup low-fat milk
- 3 small apples, diced
*Double recipe ingredients to follow along with the video.*
- Wash hands thoroughly with warm water and soap.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, Splenda, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the applesauce, egg and milk.
- Pour applesauce mixture into flour mixture and stir until just blended; fold in diced apples.
- Spoon mixture into muffin pan and bake for 25 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins